Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: What AG charecture is most popular?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty sure my list is accurate. I did guess beyond the first three, and Kaya last, but I would be surprised if it wasn't almost perfect.

    Beyond that, I'm very curious as to how the friends fit in. I'd guess that to be something like:

    Samantha
    Kit
    Nellie
    Molly
    Elizabeth
    Felicity
    Addy
    Josefina
    Kirsten
    Kaya

    Personally, I'm unhappy with how low the girls of color are....

  2. #12
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I'm shocked. I love Kirsten! And don't get me started on Kaya....

    I guess kids these days don't like Kaya.

    It's the children who are wrong.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder why Kirsten is one of the least popular dolls! I'm sure there are a lot of AG fans with Swedish or Scandinavian heritages. [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder why Kirsten is one of the least popular dolls! I'm sure there are a lot of AG fans with Swedish or Scandinavian heritages.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm half Scandinavian (about a quarter Swedish, and a quarter Norwegian). Kirsten isn't my favorite, far from it in fact. I don't think that has much to do with it, really.

    I don't care for her books, her character, or her time period/clothes, or the Little House look. I do want to get her someday for the Swedish connection, but as that's pretty much the only thing I like about her, I wont be rushing out to get her anytime soon.

  5. #15
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Kirsten's collections had no appeal to me. I love her as a doll , but the pioneer stuff is something I don't like at all.

    I think children living in 2005 don't really get into it either. Back in the 70s and 80s it was MUCH more popular because of all those TV shows but now not so much.

    I'd say the list is more like this

    1 Samantha
    2 Kit
    3 Molly
    4 Nellie
    5 Elizabeth
    6 Felicity
    7 Josefina
    8 Kirsten
    9 Addy*
    10 Kaya*

    * I highly suspect they are esentially tied for last, but that Addy sells more than Kaya

    That's the totals overall, but I also think Kaya, Addy and Josefina sell better in the store, because people can see how really pretty they are. I suspect they really get hurt sales wise by some of the unflattering catalog pictures. They may very well sell well in the store, but not so well overall.

    I think the Girl of the Years are consistantly tied with Samantha for #1 as well.

  6. #16
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I'm Swedish, from MN; and my ancestors even had the name Larson when they came to America! But then again what Swedish immigrant didn't? So I instantly feel in love with Kirsten because we had so much in common! I used to have a friend (were not close anymore) but she hated dolls! Absolutely hate them no matter what. So you can imagine her around an AG! I introduced her to one of my AGTs one time a she tried to persuade me to make her bald! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img] She disliked Molly the most of all the AG collection(Even though she stated she hated it all one day [img]mad.gif[/img] ). She disliked Molly most because she was a 'nerdy geek'! You can see why we aren't so close any more. I may have some things in common with Kirsten, but I act a bit like Molly. So you can imagine my reaction to this! [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] !!!! But if a 'friend' isn't treating you how you (or your AG) would like to be treated that friend isn't worth it!

  7. #17
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Just my two-cents, but in response to GreyMist's list, I think that Addy shouldn't be so low on the list. I believe she should be somewhere above or between Nellie and Elizabeth. But your list seems to be pretty much what I would list.

    As far as my perceptions of this Hostboard as a whole, I would have to say that Kit and/or Molly seem to be the most popular. I'm not going by what people have already posted regarding this particular thread. I'm just going by observations through the last year and a half.

    As far as who's the most popular overall with the general AG-buying public and who outsells everyone else (and probably why her collection is so large), would have to be Samantha, hands-down.

  8. #18
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's my estimate of Historical doll popularity:

    1. Samantha
    2. Kit
    3. Molly
    4. Felicity
    5. Elizabeth
    6. Nellie
    7. Addy
    8. Josefina
    9. Kirsten
    10. Kaya

    This is just my estimate. My list could be WAY off, or right on the money, who knows? AG does. Why doesn't someone email them in regards to doll popularity? I think I will...

  9. #19
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's a good idea about the email. Please let us know what they reply.

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AGfanatic:
    That's a good idea about the email. Please let us know what they reply.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] . I sent them an email asking how the "Historical Character" dolls ranked in accordance to popularity. I'll post their response as soon as I get one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •